Electrical Maintenance Technician
Are you a skilled problem solver coming from a strong electrical maintenance background in manufacturing?
Are you a flexible team player with a proven ability to drive and implement continuous plant improvement looking to progress your career with one of Cork 's top multi-national manufacturing companies?
Do you have a strong technical aptitude and the ability/ track record of taking the initiative in your previous jobs along with a positive attitude with the flexibility to work on a flexible shift rotation basis?
If so, this is the electrical maintenance job that you have been waiting for!
My client have been in Cork for over 35 years and enjoy a fantastic reputation due to how they look after their people & retain their staff.
Having met with this company numerous times over past few years they really come across as a great company to work for with a very friendly atmosphere where people work hard in a fun environment where people are rewarded well for the work they do
This perm job offers an excellent hourly rate and benefits package including:subsidised canteen, 23 days holidays and a generous shift allowance.
YOUR NEW JOB
Day to day some of the key elements of the electrical maintenance technician role will include:
- Electrical maintenance, process control, troubleshooting & fault finding
- Troubleshoot and fault find on, Allen Bradley, Siemens and various PLCs
- Implement scheduled Preventative Maintenance programs on all equipment
- Perform scheduled/ unscheduled calibrations routines, ensuring coordination of work with operations staff and maintenance to minimize impact to production activities.
- Carrying out wiring installation and commissioning of plant / equipment & trouble shooting of same
- To manage and deliver departmental based projects
- Carry out programing and diagnostics of plant and equipment
- Ensure all machines and equipment are safe & fit for purpose
- Minimize downtime on equipment through fast response, effective root cause analysis and strong fault finding skills
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting & electro-mechanical repairs to PLC controlled plant
- Accurately record activity in SAP and actively use the SAP system to support all maintenance activities.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU-ESSENTIAL
You'll need to have completed a recognized electrical apprenticeship and have at least 5 years post apprenticeship experience within a high volume production facility.
You will definitely need to be experienced in reading and interpreting electrical drawings and you must be flexible to work different shifts depending on the needs of the business (generous shift allowance available)
You will also ideally have a knowledge and experience of hydraulics, steam, water and pneumatics
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
PLC programming, trouble shooting and fault finding experience would be an advantage as would familiarity working with mechanical systems.
SAP experience & a background in instrumentation would also be advantageous but not essential.
Sound like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button and suitable applicant will be contacted within 24hrs