Electrical Engineering Manager
I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected manufacturing company in Shannon find an Electrical Engineering Manager to join their team.
It is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff and have all the state-of-the-art equipment and technologies. They work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 160 staff with very low turnover and when you meet them you can see why! Every candidate who has gone there through me I have assisted them through the process. After they have met this company at interview stage, they always want the job.
They have a highly attractive package including pension and health insurance.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will lead the Electrical Engineering team. You will be operating at a high level in the business and will be reporting to the Engineering Director. You will develop the Electrical Engineering capability which includes planning project deliverables and platform selection strategies aligned with project goals. It will also involve the development of departmental capabilities through the development of team members.
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the Electrical Engineering department.
- Responsibility for ensuring the Electrical Engineering team delivers best in class project delivery to meet project requirements and delivering on schedule and on budget.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team and other resources within the department.
- Create and manage department work plans.
- Ensure team Capacity and Capability is in place to deliver on business needs.
- Work with the Commercial department to ensure appropriate platform selection and costing at the concept and proposal stage.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage the team to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve the best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Embed clear structure and regular communications within the team including standard work of department, strategic alignment, workload management, and department scorecards.
- Ability to coach teams through 1:1's & feedback on performance.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation:
- Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program for the department.
- Work to embed and promote a culture of standardization and continuous improvement work processes.
- Sponsor company CI program within Electrical Engineering by facilitating the learning and development of CI skills as well as measurement and facilitation of departmental CI plans.
- By contributing through self and others drive department relevant technology research, platform and component selection for projects and continually look for innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Grow Profile of the Electrical Engineering Department
- Set, communicate and manage strategic objectives for the Electrical Engineering team.
- Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers, technology partners, universities, etc.
- Represent Electrical Engineering team at management level.
- Collaborate with peers on the management team to deliver the best outcomes for the department and the wider business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in a similar role or related role.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- People Management experience an advantage.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions.
- Systems thinker.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and task management skills.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889