Electrical Control Engineer
Role Location: Sligo
We are delighted to be partnering with this client on an exclusive basis to source a number of key vacancies as the company continues to grow and develop. They work with top rated medical device and electronic device companies in Ireland developing and delivering fully automated machine build solutions, you will get exposure to innovative concepts and projects in this professional environment.
As a control engineer you will be responsible for the following
* Involvement in research and implementation of new control technologies
* Participate in team to develop concepts and specifications for equipment
* Develop design of control systems for automated equipment (PLC, servo systems, vision, field-bus etc)
* Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of equipment
* Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and budget
* Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
* Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component procurement.
* Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of controls systems
* Excellent communication skills are vital as the candidate will have to work/lead with in a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
* Give guidance and direction to more junior staff to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
* Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
* Meeting project delivery deadlines
Education and key requirements
* Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
* Min 3 years relevant experience working on machine control systems
o Ability to program AB Control Logix, Siemens S7
o Familiar with configuring common machine networks & drive systems
o Experience with robotics desirable (ABB, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Epson)
o Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
* Willing to take ownership,
* Self-starter with good attention to detail
* Project management experience advantageous
* Proven track record in delivering solutions
* Current driving license and able to travel as required