A fantastic opportunity for an experienced EHS Specialist to join a leading pharmaceutical plant in Dublin.
Reporting to the EHS Manager, you will be responsible in providing technical support on all environmental, health and safety management systems on site and to develop and maintain environmental, health and safety programmes to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, guidelines and best practices.
You will have a minimum of 4 years site-based environmental, health and safety experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment.
What is in it for you?
- Fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team.
- Generous salary and benefits package on offer
- Flexi role - core hours 10am to 3:30pm
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and advancement.
Responsibilities: (A Snapshot…)
- Lead / Support existing safety programmes to include but not limited to chemical management (Reach, CLP), ergonomics, machine safety, risk assessment, occupational health etc in conjunction with the Senior Health and Safety Specialist and Health and Safety Officer. Provide support to the Senior EHS Engineer on process safety reviews/HAZOPs/LOPA/safety engineering initiatives on site, as required.
- Legislation: Compile and maintain the Health and Safety legislative register and Environmental register through involvement with external groups such as BioPharmaChemical Ireland and ensure that the company standards and interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the best industry practice and Corporate requirements. Ensure compliance with HSA process safety requirements in consultation with the Senior EHS Engineer.
- Safety Management System/Environmental Management System: Support maintenance of the safety management system ISO45001 and environmental management system to ISO14001 to ensure that the policies and procedures are consistent with best standards and that the elements as defined below comply with regulatory requirements and reflect
- Educated to degree level in Science, Engineering (or equivalent EHS discipline). Postgraduate qualification in Health and Safety and Environmental Compliance an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years site-based environmental, health and safety experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment.
- Strong knowledge of current Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
- Experience in maintaining environmental, health and safety compliance in a pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to clearly communicate the environmental, health and safety requirements of activities.
Click Apply now to review the full details and job spec for this fantastic opportunity.