Location: Dundalk Area Co Louth - commutable from Down and Monaghan
This is a great company to work with. You will be working with an iconic brand in the beverages industry supporting and managing all matters in relation to Environmental compliance and H & S requirements.
Support the site managers and teams in complying with all applicable Environmental Health & Safety legislation, with a specific emphasis on IPPC License and COMAH and other "high risk environment" applicable legislation.
Drive the company wide Environmental Health & Safety training program to ensure that all compliance and other appropriate training requirements are fully identified, delivered and recorded.
Provide specialist Environmental Health & Safety support and assistance to operations teams at the sites where required, on day to day matters including but not restricted to; compliance obligations; accident and incident investigations and reporting; root cause analysis; risk assessment; corrective and preventive actions; training; etc
Implement all Risk Assessment requirements and keep current as required by Irish legislation.
Cooperate with the Environmental Health & Safety team globally to develop corporate global standards, as required, and implement the global standards into Irish operations way of working and management systems.
Monitor and drive timely closure of actions agreed in response to environmental health & safety related findings, e.g. audits, accidents, regulatory visits, statutory inspections, non-conformance's etc.
Assist in collation, preparation and analysis of data gathered in support of Environmental Health & Safety targets, objectives and KPI's.
Ensure the sites compliance with the Integrated Pollution Prevention Control (IPPC licence) as well as all other environmental legislative requirements.
Monitoring and reporting all emissions from the site including effluent, noise, fumes, odour and all waste streams as defined in the IPPC License.
Managing the company's Environmental Management System (EMS), liaising with EPA and other regulatory bodies.
Conducting laboratory effluent testing as defined in the IPPC License.
Carrying out sampling of effluent, surface water, groundwater and sludge which is sent to external laboratories for analysis weekly.
Managing the wastewater treatment plant throughout the day by examining sludge levels and checking flow rates.
- Degree educated in a related discipline (Occupational Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science/Engineering)
- 3 5 years experience in Environmental Health & Safety Compliance roles
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated and effectively manages time
- Ability to influence at all levels in the organisation
- Demonstrates thorough in-depth knowledge and understanding of all relevant local Environmental Health & Safety legislation (including IPPC License, COMAH/SEVESO/ATEX awareness)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to advise on Environmental Health & Safety legislation
- Environmental Health & Safety Internal auditing experience
- Knowledge and experience of flammable and explosive atmosphere regulations
- Qualified Risk Assessor