We are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated individual with detailed, practical working knowledge of environment, health and safety operating systems, best practice and legislation. This role is a management position which will support setting company policies, objectives, targets in relation to EHS management into working processes and ensure all legislative and industry requirements are met.
* Continuous update of company Safety Management System including Safety Statement and all subsequent communications.
* Oversee the coordination of risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments and ensure outcomes are actioned.
* Schedule and direct regular management and safety specific meetings.
* Manage overall safety training program - Assess training gaps, ensure maintenance of current training matrix, source & select suitable training providers and roll out.
* Direct the company safety committee and management team to continuously identify improvements to the company safety system.
* Lead investigations into near misses, incidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
* Continue to maintain established safety performance reports on H&S KPI's.
* Provide robust advice and strong operational support to various departments.
* Manage the company environmental programme.
* Maintain a watch brief on all EH&S legislation changes and assess implications for the company.
* Carry out and coordinate scheduled safety toolbox talks and audits as necessary.
* Ensure all contractors are managed according to company H&S requirements.
* Ensure all building related fire and emergency requirements are adhered to.
* Formal 3rd level Health and Safety qualification.
* Minimum 5 years' experience managing the EHS function.
* Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
* Experience of auditing - external and internal.
* Experience of certified systems (18001 & 14001).
* Additional Skills which would be a distinct advantage: Manual Handling instructor.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors and management and present key safety info to staff and management.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages - MS Word, excel, publisher, PowerPoint etc.