FRS Recruitment require a Health & Safety Manager for a well established Irish Building Contractor, listed in the Top 50 Construction CIF Contractors for a number of years. Our client would have a long history of high profile projects across the board with values from €5m to €50m+. They have also won numerous awards for Commercial, Residential, Educational & Public Works contracts.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated individual with detailed, practical working knowledge of environment, health and safety operating systems, best practice and legislation. This role is a management position which will support setting company policies, objectives, targets in relation to EHS management into working processes and ensure all legislative and industry requirements are met.
- Continuous update of company Safety Management System including Safety Statement and all subsequent communications.
- Oversee the coordination of risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments and ensure outcomes are actioned.
- Schedule and direct regular management and safety specific meetings.
- Manage overall safety training program - Assess training gaps, ensure maintenance of current training matrix, source & select suitable training providers and roll out.
- Direct the company safety committee and management team to continuously identify improvements to the company safety system.
- Lead investigations into near misses, incidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
- Continue to maintain established safety performance reports on H&S KPI's.
- Provide robust advice and strong operational support to various departments.
- Manage the company environmental programme.
- Maintain a watch brief on all EH&S legislation changes and assess implications for the company.
- Carry out and coordinate scheduled safety toolbox talks and audits as necessary.
- Ensure all contractors are managed according to company H&S requirements.
- Ensure all building related fire and emergency requirements are adhered to.
- Formal 3rd level Health and Safety qualification.
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing the EHS function.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of auditing - external and internal.
- Experience of certified systems (18001 & 14001).
- Additional Skills which would be a distinct advantage: Manual Handling instructor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors and management and present key safety info to staff and management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages - MS Word, excel, publisher, PowerPoint etc.
If you might be interested feel free to contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment on 091 760706