ED Doctor Ireland
Emergency Medicine Doctors
I am recruiting Emergency Department Registrars for large university teaching hospitals throughout Ireland. These hospitals provide a comprehensive range of services to emergency and elective patients on an inpatient, outpatient and daycare basis. You will work with a team of Consultant-led medical professionals, and the opportunity to learn from leading Emergency Medicine Consultants working. Our hospitals need experienced and dedicated emergency medicine specialists who are working at Registrar level in their current hospital. These roles are excellent opportunities to work in an English speaking, modern state of the art hospital offering the successful candidate experience that will be recognised worldwide.
As an experienced Emergency Medicine Registrar, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Safe and efficient assessment of emergency patients
- Work under consultant supervision to lead the resuscitation of all critically ill and injured patients
- Liaise effectively with other speciality teams in relation to patient referrals
- Supervise handover at the end of each shift.
- Be supportive of junior staff, AHPs, nurses and other team members
- Comply with departmental clinical guidelines
- Work a full shift roster, including on-call and weekends
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of professionalism in all aspects of your work and behaviour
To be shortlisted for interview, you will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Irish Medical Council Registration
- IELTS Overall Band 7 (6.5 in all domains) or OET test Grade B
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to Emergency Medicine
- Good decision-making skills
- A broad clinical knowledge base and appropriate clinical skills
- Awareness of patient safety and risk management issues
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure and as part of a team.
Desirable, but not essential, criteria include the following :
- Completion of either Core Specialist Training in Emergency Medicine (or equivalent) or in Internal Medicine, General Surgery or Intensive Care Medicine, including 12 months experience at minimum, in Emergency Medicine.
- Possession of a post-graduate qualification Intermediate FRCEM, MRCS, MRCP, will be advantageous.
There are multiple roles available and I will respond to all applicants. Please contact me, Eithne Vaughan-Witts, by phone +353 86 0217807 or through this website and I will respond on receipt of your CV.