Our client based in Tullamore, Co: Offaly are currently recruiting for an Ecologist to join the team!
Role and Responsibilities;
* Develop and update site-specific Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rehabilitation plans and National Parks & Wildlife Services (NPWS) packages as part of the Peatland Climate Action Scheme (PCAS).
* Support other Land & Habitats projects including current third party raised bog restoration projects.
* Support peatland rehabilitation projects and assist in the delivery of the company's Biodiversity Action Plan.
* Deliver ecological surveys to contribute to the client ecology baseline dataset.
* Support various research projects, where needed. Support the Carbon Monitoring Team in relation to habitat and ecological support.
* Support any statutory and legal reporting obligations such as AER's and the communication and agreement of bog rehabilitation plans with the EPA.
* Support the Ecology Manager in the delivery of cost effective and value adding ecology/biodiversity services and projects for the Land and Habitats Business Unit.
* Work as part of the client Ecology Team.
* Level 8+ qualification in ecology or related scientific subject or equivalent.
* 5 years relevant experience.
* Proficient in ecological surveying, habitat and species identification, specific species surveys
* Experience in digital capturing of data using GPS tablets, processing, and manipulation of survey data
* Full clean driving license is required
* Excellent communication skills
* Membership of CIEEM would be an advantage.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.