Our client, a leading Irish natural resources organisation with several national operations spanning the agricultural, energy and utilities sectors nationwide are currently recruiting for an Ecologist for their Forestry division.
A role here offers diverse and exciting career opportunities for the right people who share their passion to improve people's lives through the pioneering and sustainable management of natural resources.
Reporting to the Environment Technical Lead / Snr Ecologist as Forestry Ecologist your main remit will include:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of appropriate assessment and other statutory compliance requirements for managing forests and other biodiversity areas including Screening and NIS Reports.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and managing the nature conservation programme within the Business Area Units (BAUs) across my clients Forestry division
- Be actively involved in planning, managing and monitoring sites of nature conservation value in each Business Area Units , with the ability to influence plans
- Co-ordinating teams of consultants to plan and monitor sites, in conjunction with BAU teams.
- Proactively build skills and capacity within the Forestry division and external suppliers to deliver appropriate site management.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
You would be joining the company at a very exciting time with the recent appointment of a new CEO and a great team in place with a nice mixture of both new hires and well-established employees.
My client will play a leading role in helping Ireland prepare for climate change over the next 20 years and this organisation is renowned for their focus on recognition & keeping their employees engaged with lots of opportunity to progress your career.
There is a very competitive salary available along with pension, up to 15% Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Company Phone & Laptop, Generous Mileage allowance, Educational Assistance & 28 days annual leave!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will hold a relevant qualification in Botany, Ecology or related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years' experience, ideally including the survey and ecological assessment of forest habitats.
You will be naturally curious and have that pioneering mentality that drives an 'openness to new ways of doing things' along with strong leadership & teamwork & collaboration skills.
My client are looking for a candidate who is solution orientated, with strong prioritisation skills allied to good business & commercial acumen with the capacity to reduce complexity, organise and create structure.
Finally, you will need excellent working knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance standards including Appropriate Assessment and compliance with the Habitats and Birds Directive; a commitment to promoting a safe-working environment and ensuring compliance with environmental, regulatory and quality standards.
Sound like your cup of tea?
To apply, click the button!