Position Title: Duty manager
Reporting line: Senior Team Manager, Ireland
To ensure consistently high practice and performance of the team within the agreed service levels, ensuring a professional and customer-focused work environment which fully engages the team to deliver. Using effective communication skills, Duty Managers provide effective daily supervision of the teams exhibiting the skills needed to motivate and coach them to achieve results in accordance with the company`s set targets and procedures.
DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
My client is an international network providing value-added services for corporate and individual clients. Reporting to the Group France, we have offices in over 30 countries covering five continents with a workforce in excess of 4500.
My Client incorporates a separate insurance Company - Inter Partner Assistance - that provides underwriting to certain contracts. This ensures that the insurance business is separately identified for legal and marketing reasons. IPA is also part of an international network, with its HQ based in Brussels.
- Based in Athlone, Co Westmeath, Ireland
- The Contact Centre operates 24 hour a day, 7 days a week.
- The role is shift based with shifts covering the opening hours of the Contact Centre
- This would mean a degree of flexibility in peak times
- The Contact Centre is primarily responsible for the stages of the customer journey i.e. first notification of loss, the subsequent claim management and telemarketing function.
In conjunction with the team managers ensure consistent high practice and performance of the team.
- Under guidance from the team managers and product trainers, provide extra support to individuals during probationary periods.
- Ensure processes reflect current best practice and are visible to all.
- Resolve workflow and highlighting performance issues within the team to the relevant team manager.
- Escalating issues as required to the team manager and keeping them informed of day-to-day status.
- With service providers and compliance team, manage / escalate complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Consistently deliver the service standards and contractual agreements by:
- Managing the quality of customer service by ensuring that all service delivery meets contractual and company quality
- Working with the team managers by updating agents on all contractual changes promptly and accurately, using a range of training methods e.g. coaching, awareness seminars & help sheets.
- Ensuring that the company meets a 24hour/7day service capability by ensuring the contact centre has the right staff at the right time.
- Forecasting call volumes, and identifying trends across all departments.
- Planning resource needs in order to address trends identified and seasonal impacts with support from the team managers.
- Ensure consistent delivery of service and sales including TCF.
- To achieve all relevant service standards through effective monitoring, coaching and organisation of the team.
- Support and help the team, acting as primary referral point before team manager.
- Managing allocation of work within the team based on business priorities.
- Responsible for identifying individuals who require training updates and feedback this back to the team manager.
- Liaising with other duty managers or other team Managers when your direct report is unavailable.
- Ensure regular and complete communication is encouraged and adopted throughout the department.
- The production of statistics or agent information (i.e. client reports /coaching forms) may be required if delegated by the Team Manager.
- To ensure that high quality cost efficient service is maintained by the team and that remedial action is identified, agreed and taken where problems with service delivery are experienced.
- Accountable for cost containment and control of services/claims throughout their duration.
- Identifying process improvements to increase productivity and liaise with team manager to implement these.
- Act as a focal point for all client and customer complaints within the team, dealing with clients, customers and other external contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Make decisions on casework within the team - this will be determined by the nature of the cases and work undertaken by the team.
- To work together as one contact centre to achieve shared goals by:
- Ensuring a consistent approach in motor & property
- Working with the Irish / UK managers to ensure both sites work together to manage call volumes and support at busy times.
- Working with colleagues and managers to maximise synergies and transparency.
- Create team spirit by providing leadership
- Create, encourage and promote multi-skilling across the Assistance Lines.
- Supporting the other internal service areas during times of low activity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIP Qualified or, APA plus PDI 04 and working towards accreditation
- An excellent communicator, capable of influencing and asserting opinion at all levels
- Proven experience as a team player, capable of operating effectively within a senior cross-team management function
- Proven ability to manage change
- Strong coaching skills
- Good communication skills - comfortable presenting to employees
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, and understanding of contact or claim centre tools and systems
- Proven experience in a similar role is desirable, but not essential
- Proven commercial awareness
- Understanding of Irish & UK regulation including Treating Customers Fairly
- A track record of delivering results as a team leader/manager is desirable
- Proven people management experience and skills - building and leading teams is desirable
- A high degree of drive and commitment is a must in this challenging role
- Ability to demonstrate a highly professional work ethic and positive attitude
- An approachable individual with excellent customer focus
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills (including IT literacy)
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Leads by example
- Quick learner that can adapt to and manage change
- Drive and commitment to get the job done and exhibits a "can do" attitude
- Innovative, able to think outside the box
- High level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Highly motivated individual with a positive attitude who can work with minimal guidance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive outlook.
- Prepared to challenge processes and working practices at all levels for the good of the business.
- Ability to learn a variety of systems and services.
- Constantly strives for excellence.
- Hard working and patient.