DON -Person in Charge Mayo
Job title: Person in Charge / Director of Nursing
Location: Co. Mayo - North
Type of job: full time, permanent
Sector: Healthcare - Care of the Elderly
Reporting to: Managing Director
To direct and co-ordinate the management of the nursing homes, establish and maintain a standard of residential and daily care and activity in accordance with the best national and international practice an within available resources. Co-ordinate the management of all staff, frontline and multi-disciplinary support service personnel in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by the company and Statutory Regulations.
- The overall management of the nursing home.
- Induction period: For a set period the person appointed shall work under the direction of a director of the company and until the systems, policies, standards and ethos of the company have been understood and applied.
- Provide clinical leadership and direction for nursing staff, care staff and ancillary staff, which results in the delivery of effective, efficient and quality, assured resident centered care.
- Manage standards using evidence based care planning approach.
- Develop a shared sense of commitment and participation among staff in the development of service and in responding to the changing needs of residents.
- Formulation of policies and the selection, introduction and development of information and other systems for the care of the elderly services.
- Responsibility of management of all services over a 24-hour basis and ensuring that systems are in place to support these responsibilities.
- Develop collaborative care planning in conjunction with other professionals.
- Develop and implement a discharge policy and ensure good liaison with other services.
- Ensure that all aspects of drug administration comply with An Bord Altranis regulations and company's Policy.
- Participate, as required, in the recruitment selection and appointment of all staff under their aegis
Health & Safety
- Promote and maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of staff education and training programs.
- Ensure that modern standards of Healthcare are in operation and that regular monitoring of Healthcare is undertaken.
Full job spec available on request
- A Nursing qualification and current registration with An Bord Altranais.
- Experience of modern therapeutic procedures in the care and rehabilitation of the elderly.
- Minimum three years' experience in the area of nursing of older people within the previous six years
- You will be of good character.
- You will possess the required knowledge to implement and monitor agreed programs and the staff for whom they have assigned responsibility. A high standard of suitability is necessary to effectively discharge the duties of the post.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence. Or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.