Director of Nursing Galway
Job title: Director of Nursing / DON / Person in Charge
Location: Galway city
Salary: €65-75k, depending on experience
Type of job: Full time, permanent, days only, on call duty
As a Director of Nursing you will ensure high quality care for all residents in this medium size nursing home in Galway. Well performing home is part of a Group, offering support to the DON. Home cares for individuals requiring long term or short term care.
Your Main Responsibilities:
· Highly quality care to our residence
· Staff Management (experience essential)
· Effective Communication skills
· Human Resources, Training & development
· Meet & exceed HIQA standards & regulations
· Strong personality
· Marketing of business and new business opportunities
· Health & Safety Regulation
· Other duties
- Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification (essential)
- Current registration with NMBI (essential)
- Third level Management qualifications (essential)
- Ideally 7+ years nursing experience post qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in elderly care within the previous 6 yeas of your career
You will be of good character.
You will possess the required knowledge to implement and monitor agreed programs and the staff for whom they have assigned responsibility. A high standard of suitability is necessary to effectively discharge the duties of the post.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence. Or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.