Director of Nursing Galway East
Job title: Director of Nursing / DON / Matron
Location: Co. Galway (East)
Salary: Very competitive salary (DOE)
Type of job: Full time, permanent, days only, on call duty
You will ensure high quality care for all residents in this medium size, town based nursing home in East County Galway. It's a spacious two story home with relaxing, enclosed gardens. Home is within walking distance to local church, shops, community services, etc. Home cares for individuals requiring long term or short term care.
Your Main Responsibilities:
· Staff Management (experience essential)
· Highly quality care to our residence
· Effective Communication skills
· Human Resources, Training & development
· Meet & exceed HIQA standards & regulations
· Strong personality
· Marketing of business and new business opportunities
· Health & Safety Regulation
· Other duties
· Degree in Nursing and active registration with ABA/NMBI
· The ideal Candidate will be a natural leader and will possess strong people management skills and will demonstrate drive and ambition.
· Previous experience in a nursing home environment
· Have minimum of 5 years experience in Nursing
· Proven track record and ability to manage and lead teams in a fast paced environment a must.
· Exceptional organizational and excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with residence, families and staff
· Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards.
· Must have worked with the elderly 3 of the last 6 years as this is HIQA requirement
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence. Or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.