Director of Nursing Co. Mayo
I am excited to work with a private nursing home in East Co. Mayo, who are currently recruiting for their vacant Director of Nursing position. You will be joining a nursing home with good reputation locally, managed by a non-clinical General Manager and the DON. This nursing home prides itself in providing excellent care to all their residents.
Position: Director of Nursing
Location: East Co. Mayo
Sector: Elderly Care
Salary: Depending on experience €60-75k
* Relocation package of €2500.00 plus one month's free accommodation for suitable candidate.
* Bonus structure in place
* Free parking
* Paid breaks
* Food on site
* 24 annual leave days
Type of role: Full time (45h/week), permanent
Reporting to: General Manager
Job description: As a Director of Nursing, reporting directly to the General Manager, you will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and standards published by the Health Information and Quality Authority.
You will ensure the highest standards of nursing and social care are provided to residents, meeting their individual needs. Your responsibilities will include: clinical team management, financial and administration, Health and Safety, participate in HR function, HIQA inspections and HIQA standards implementation, etc.
Company profile: This purpose-built care facility provides care to elderly people who require long term care, dementia care, or respite. Small size, private nursing home. Not part of a group.
- Third level Degree in Nursing
- Active registration with NMBI
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential.
- Current Valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates
- You will have have 5 years of relevant post-registration nursing experience and very good understanding / knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards
- You will have (within the last 6 years) a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience, caring for the older person.
- You will possess (within the last 6 years) a minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience, including team leadership with resource planning and allocation.
- You will have experience and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives/visitors, employees, management, and external bodies e.g., GPs, hospitals, HSE, HIQA, etc.
- Strong IT skills and team management and training skills
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment. OR contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
#jobfairy #donjob #nursinghomejobs #weworkforyou