Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Dietitian looking for a fresh start in 2021? Do you want to work Monday- Friday only?
On Behalf of a hospital in the South/South west region, FRS are currently recruiting a Senior Dietitian to take up a 1-year maternity contract.
This is a full time position, a stand-alone position that involves a lot of engagement with other teams across the hospital.
We are looking for a Senior candidate who takes pride in providing an efficient and effective Nutrition and Dietetic's service.
- Be responsible for the organisation, provision and evaluation of the Nutrition & Dietetic Services to patients in the acute setting, as required.
- Develop, implement and monitor a plan of care, based on assessment of the patient's nutritional needs.
- Advise and liaise closely with the family/carers in the practical aspects of the agreed plan.
- Liaise with the medical / nursing teams, allied health professionals and other members of hospital staff in planning the nutritional care of patients.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary team, staff colleagues and dietitians in other acute settings and in Primary Care, as appropriate.
- Participate in the medical team rounds, multidisciplinary meetings, case conferences, clinical meetings, as required.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific research findings and current practices and identify and update relevant measures in response to these findings.
- Contribute to development, implementation and evaluation of standards and policies within the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Assist in the development of diet sheets and nutrition education material in collaboration with colleagues.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of nutritional resource materials.
- Liaise with catering staff regarding the provision of therapeutic diets.
- Maintain appropriate patient records and statistics in line with the department policy.
- Be actively involved in continuously improving the quality of the service, use audit and quality improvement methods to facilitate integrated care.
- Plan and implement dietetic clinics where required.
- Ensure the ongoing review of existing resources and comply, develop and evaluate new resources to support and meet the needs of the target audience.
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Promote a culture that values equality, diversity and respect in the work place.
- Maintain professional standards with regard to patent and data confidentiality.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post that may be assigned to him/her.
The Senior Dietitian will have the following profile:
- A recognised qualification in Dietetics
- CORU registration is essential
- Min 3 year experience working in an acute environment
- Member of Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute (INDI)
- Experience of carrying out collaborative joint assessments and treatment with multidisciplinary team members.
- Sufficient clinical knowledge and evidence based practice to carry out duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Knowledge and understanding of presentations common to an acute hospital setting.
- An ability to apply knowledge to best practice.
- The ability to effectively evaluate information and make appropriate decisions.
- Available to start work as soon as possible.
FRS Recruitment: Here at FRS Recruitment, we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact: If you have experience within an acute setting and are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Sinead Brennan, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0100746