What You Will Be Doing?
You will be a part of a team that is excited about transforming their Development LifeCycle with traditional avenues of Software Configuration Management and Build and Release Concepts with some added DevOps architecture improvements.
As a DevOps Engineer, You Will Be:
- Working very closely and integrating with the Development community to adopt culture change.
- Together with a team of engineers, enabling streamlined software development, by managing and owning the entire automated build pipeline, DevOps toolchain and associated test environments from source control to software delivery.
- Working with peer technical leaders and their teams to enable engineers to seamlessly create CI/CD pipelines for their software components.
- Focusing on continuously improving the DevOps tooling and software delivery processes.
- Owning and maintaining highly reliable environments and toolchain with clear communication and timelines of any disruptions to internal stakeholders.
- Leveraging industry standard techniques and processed to help enable and provide better feedback to the development community.
- Monitoring and continually improving the capacity of our production environments infrastructure
- Investigating and fixing performance and scalability bottlenecks
Essential Experience / Skills:
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, C# etc..)
- Experience with container technology and subsequent technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Azure Service Fabric, Harbour, Helm, Packer, Terraform.
- Extensive experience in maintaining and managing software build infrastructure. (Jenkins, TravisCI, TFS, TeamForge etc.)
- Extensive experience creating, maintaining and supporting automated build pipelines.
- Excellent knowledge of version control and source control management (Subversion, TFVC, Git)
- Experience in deploying, managing and maintaining at least 2 of the following SCM toolchain such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Nexus, TFS
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft system administration and networking.
- Knowledge of test driven development, software configuration management and automated testing.
- Experience in managing a VMware based virtualization environment or similar.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or similar
- Strong understanding of programming skillsets, structure and Versioning.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Software Engineering roles
- Strong working knowledge of MSBuild.
- Experience with system's management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or Chef
- Experience in managing an automated build pipeline for a mixed set of software assets.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using Wix and/or InstallShield.