Development Coordinator - not for profit
Exciting opportunity to join our client's team as a Development Coordinator working with Early Years.
In this role, you will be responsible for business mentoring to childcare providers to examine financial viability/sustainability and governance and to provide guidance in terms of evaluating a business model
You will deliver training and tailored supports to a caseload of early years services throughout the country with a specific focus on sustainability, governance and crisis management issues.
You will provide support to childcare providers to achieve their objectives and for keeping up to date with strategic developments and policies within the sector.
You will be the primary point of contact for an identified caseload of organisations. Your duties will include:
- Implement a case management process that profiles organisations and analyses capacity in terms of management, governance and finances.
- In collaboration with local agencies including the City/County Childcare Committee identify appropriate supports to develop and improve sustainable quality service provision.
- Provide business mentoring, support and coaching to organisations through a variety of mediums - on-site visits, workshops, clinics and training events.
- Sign-post organisations and service providers to internal and external supports
- Provide feedback on the outcome of appraisals of applications, or strategic/business/annual plans as and when required.
- Ensure good lines of communication are maintained
- Liaise with local City/County Childcare Committees and other key stakeholders to support organisations.
- Provide analysis and regular briefing documents to support communications internally and externally.
- Support networking, exchange of good practice, and support the development of organisations through wider linkages networking opportunities etc.
- Identify and provide feedback regarding identified risks and trends and make recommendations regarding supports and training requirements and how issues can be addressed or prevented.
- Appraise applications, business plans and strategic plans across a range of Early Years Programmes
- Experience in providing business mentoring
- Experience in evaluating business models, financial viability and developing business / actions plans.
- Strong understanding and experience of non for profit organisations / community organisations
- Experience in implementing strategies to improve board governance, financial and organisational management and to manage conflicts/disputes.
- Experience in evaluating applications for funding or annual / strategic plans
- Experience in the delivery of training and supports in the community / voluntary and/or statutory sectors
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) in business, finance, community development or equivalent, is essential.
A full and detailed job spec is available if you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity.
This will be a contract role to end of December 2022 with potential for extension