In this role (Development Coordinator) you will be working with early years childcare providers. This is a maternity contract role.
You will be responsible for the provision of business mentoring, examining financial viability/ sustainability and governance and you will provide guidance in terms of evaluating a business model and providing clear action plans for the future
You will be responsible for delivering training and tailored supports to a caseload of early years services / County Childcare Committees throughout the country with a specific focus on sustainability, governance and crisis management issues.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with local agencies including the City/County Childcare Committee identify appropriate supports to develop and improve sustainable quality service provision.
- Provide business mentoring, support and coaching to organisations through a variety of mediums
- Provide feedback on the outcome of appraisals of applications, or strategic/business/annual plans as and when required.
- Ensure good lines of communication are maintained and that issues raised by organisations and service providers are promptly and professionally dealt with
Analysis & Monitoring
- Identify and provide feedback regarding identified risks and trends and make recommendations regarding supports and training requirements and how issues can be addressed or prevented.
- Oversee and monitor performance of organisations throughout their life cycle according to the Programme requirements
- Assist in the collection, collation and analysis of monitoring data arising from the support, appraisal and performance monitoring processes
- Undertake reviews of monitoring returns (incl. finance) against agreed output, result and impact indicators of individual contracts
- Analyse business plans, service information with a view to offering supports in terms of efficiencies and pathways to sustainability.
- Analyse AFS, financial information, audit reports in order to identify issues & provide supports.
- Assess and monitor compliance with contract conditions and follow up and communicate with organisations and service providers as required
- Identify and develop good practice case studies on organisations
Appraisal and Decision Making
- Appraise applications, business plans and strategic plans
- Assess requests to change an action or materially change the project from that approved such as a change of budget or end date
- Produce formal reports and analysis at the appropriate stages of the appraisal process
- Manage and maintain the appraisal file ensuring that all relevant information is written up and communicated clearly and effectively at each stage of the process
Ideally you will have experience working in the community / public sector particularly in the early years sector. You will have a full driving licence and car.
You will be experienced providing business mentoring, evaluating business models and developing business plans. You will need to have a good understanding of not for profit organisations and implementing strategies to improve governance, financial and organisational management. You will also need to be experienced in evaluating applications for funding, providing training and have strong computer skills.
Salary scale is €48,812 to €61,693 per annum
The contract is for an initial period up to 31st December 2021
Travel & Subsistence - Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates. The office is based in Dublin city