Design Engineer - Manufacturing
Currently recruiting for a Vessel Designer for our client based in Kells, Co: Meath, this person would be working under the direction of the Vessel Design Team Leader.
They will utilise independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables (Including detail & assembly drawings and related bills-of material) used in the fabrication of equipment for services, pilot, and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Primarily pressure vessel assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems).
Primary responsibility involves generating design plans utilising Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software.
This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with the ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME/ BPE Bioprocessing Equipment design standards.
- Ability to work in a professional team-based office environment and meet date-driven customer-focused commitments.
- Review and comprehend customer generated specifications and requirements.
- Create / maintain design documents with technical support from project engineering and project management, as needed.
- Create / maintain component BOM documentation with support from project engineering and project management, as needed.
- Create / maintain drawings per customer specifications consisting of however not limited to; 3D models, detail drawings, and bill of materials.
- Create and maintain project files using departmental resources and best practices.
- Provide manufacturing support related to published designs and released design documentation as required.
- Generate "as-built" design documentation using provided input from operations and provide them to the Quality department as needed.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Level 6/7 degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or equivalent.
- 1-year postgraduate in drafting and design.
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards, design fundamentals, and related fabrication processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Other work as assigned to support projects and / or customer expectations as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to carry a project from conception to production.
- Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor.
- Prior experience using Autodesk AutoCAD 2D/3D.
- Experience with ERP software for item and bill-of-material creation; Syteline preferred.
- Experience with ASME /BPE Bioprocessing Equipment standards.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.