Are you a qualified mechanical design engineer with 1-2 years post grad design experience in the manufacturing sector looking to secure your next role in the South Mayo/North Galway area?
Are you able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong planning, scheduling and organisational skills making sure that your design work/projects are completed on schedule?
Are you a strong communicator and relationship builder able to multi-task while still being very thorough in everything that you do?
If so, this may be the Mechanical Design Engineer role you've been waiting for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY
In operation for over 15 years my client is a market leader in their field and work with a very international portfolio of clients globally with lots of their clients based in North America & Australia in particular.
From a design perspective there are new products launching every 2-3 years so R & D is consistently busy. You would also be working for a company who design and manufacture award winning products from their purpose-built facility where you get to utilize the latest technology working as part of a very skilled and dynamic team.
In the medium term there will be excellent opportunities for progression and career development as the company continues to grow to meet the demand from its ever-expanding client base across the world.
YOUR NEW JOB
Reporting to a Sr Design Engineer you will be working as part of a team of 3 design engineers. Currently the design team spend 50% of their time refining or improving the design of existing products with the other 50% spent on R & D but the intention is to ultimately have two teams within design one focusing 100% on R & D and the other on existing products
Day to day some of the key elements of the Design Eng job will include
- Develop designs and prepare detailed production drawings for manufacture.
- Liaise with production department to maintain and develop existing and future fabrication drawings.
- Work alongside senior design engineers to develop new products and bring them through the R&D processes.
- Liaise with various sub-suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that component fabrication/manufacture and component quality is at the required level
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- You will hold a third level qualification in Mechanical / Design Engineering or equivalent and have some experience of using Solid-works in a recent position
- Ideally you hold 2+ years design experience in a mechanical engineering role
- High level knowledge and experience in 3D design packages and related technologies.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
There is a competitive salary of €40k + health insurance with great opportunities available for career progression and development for the right applicants.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then don't delay and apply today!