Are you a design/project engineer keen to continue learning looking for your next design job in the North West?
Are you a recent graduate with a relevant engineering qualification in mechanical/mechatronics or automation looking to kickstart your career in the manufacturing sector
If so, this is the career advancing design engineer job that you have been looking for?
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client is a long-established manufacturing company in the North West, in operation for over 40 years and a market leader in their field servicing clients in the healthcare, aviation, heavy industrial, & retail sectors across the globe.
recruiting for a Design Engineer, they are a multi-national organisation with over 40 sites across Europe, S America, Asia. Their Irish site in the Northwest is a medium sized operation employing about 100 people in total.
So, a role here offers the best of both worlds where you get to work for a large multi-national but in a medium sized site where you'll won't be pigeon holed and where you will get the opportunity to work across different areas/functions which often is not the case in larger plants/operations.
YOUR NEW JOB
Reporting to the Engineering Manager as Design Engineer some of the key elements of your job will include
- Design CAD work for continuous improvements on existing production equipment
- Providing support for new production equipment, technical information and suitability
- Source suppliers, quotations, terms, deliveries etc.
- Provide support for concepts of new projects, improvements, cost savings projects etc.
- Ordering spare parts for new project equipment
- Involved with commission projects, testing, and follow-up monitoring
- Technical support for all equipment, installed, improved and modified
Automation / Production Improvements
- Involved in the expansion of existing automation and continuous improvements of exiting equipment
- Project planning with Engineering for all new automation and special purpose machine projects from concept to continuous improvement
- Combine similar products for full utilization of automation equipment
- Develop concepts; discuss ideas with production & management
- Design & assembly of test tooling/fixtures, to perform trials or production tooling when required
- Source suppliers, quotations, terms, deliveries etc
- Involved with installation, commission, acceptance testing, new equipment
- Technical support & maintenance support continuous
- Longer Term duties: Maintenance Support for maintenance when required and support in the automation areas
- Involved with problem diagnostics for automation, parts sourcing/ordering
- Contact for technical support from equipment suppliers
- CAD 2D/3D for production improvements and tool room support
- Design tooling fixtures for projects & production
- Provide CAD work drawings for Plant layouts, new installations
- Provide CAD work & translations for colleagues for product, machine & tooling suppliers
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Ideally you will have 2-3 years post grad experience in a manufacturing/automation environment and hold a relevant diploma/degree in mechanical/mechatronics/automation.
You will preferably have industrial experience with manufacturing and assembly equipment in the areas of design, automation, pneumatics, and electrical control.
Competence in CAD (Solid Edge) is desirable as is experience in injection moulding
HOWEVER if you are a recent graduate with a relevant qualification in mechanical/mechatronics/automation and are looking to begin your career in the manufacturing sector my client is also open to bringing in a junior engineer and training them up in the design engineer job.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
While my client is ideally looking for design engineer they will also consider graduate engineers who hold a relevant degree and are keen to kickstart their manufacturing career.
There is a competitive salary between €40k-€60k doe along with a comprehensive suite of benefits including 26 days AL!
My client is also more than happy to support you in any further education/training as long at its relevant to the design engineering role that you'll be working in.
Finally you'll be getting the opportunity to work in a beautiful part of Ireland with access to great beaches, great surf spots and a more relaxed pace of life than in Dublin, Cork & Galway.
Sound like your cup of tea, then don't delay and apply today!