Our client is currently seeking a Depot Manager to run their busy operations in their Kilkenny and Thurles depot.
Reporting to: Business Operations Manager Regional Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To manage the day to day depot activities to achieve greater efficiencies for the business and improve productivity within the team while achieving the budgeted volume & contribution.
The depot manager will be ultimately be responsible for the management of the sales team, drivers, contact centre and administration staff, will oversee all day to day depot operations, and will have involvement in and management of credit control
Experience and Knowledge
Work Experience and Qualifications - A proven track record and experience in a management or similar role with demonstrable evidence of successful delivery of results. A relevant 3rd level qualification or its equivalent in management or finance or sales or marketing and experience in the Oil Industry are desirable.
Sales - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
Business Acumen - Understands business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to establish clear priorities for actions and to increase the performance and profitability of the TOP Oil businesses.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Committed, enthusiastic and energetic, the Depot Manager will have the drive, initiative and focus required in this busy diverse role. A heads up person, you will always be alert to your own performance and to the systems you work with and will analyse and consider what you could do to make improvements or take corrective action.
- A strong relationship builder who is able to use their excellent interpersonal and coaching skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- Providing guidance and direction to direct reports, including setting SMART performance objectives and monitoring performance.
- A highly motivated self-starter, the Depot Manager will operate in a multi-task environment with deadlines and will be able to challenge themselves to exceed standards, striving for best in class. They are not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered, are organised and unflappable with a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are your touchstone.
Skills and Abilities
The Depot Manager will possess all of the following attributes:
Communications - A confident communicator with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally. A skilled active, empathetic listener, you are able to give full attention to what others are saying and take the time to understand the points being made.
Sales - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Judgment and Decision Making - A decisive and effective decision maker and problem solver with sound judgement who is able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose the most appropriate one and who makes decisions based on both insight and relevant data.
Management of Human Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work. Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and other individuals to make improvements or take corrective action
Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others productively
If you are interested in this role and hold suitable experience please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided