4 days on site
This client of ours offers the company's collective of outstanding enterprises, their clients, and insurance partners unmatched risk insight and creative data-driven solutions.
Their company's foundation is its dedication to innovation. Their brilliant team of professionals work at the cutting edge of data analytics development, utilizing cutting-edge technology and methods to produce their array of ground-breaking solutions in fields like Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
With more than 150 locations worldwide, the client is home to several best-in-class and specialized businesses that employ approximately 10,000 people in total.
The Data Engineer will be an important member of the Data Engineering team and will be primarily responsible for building and implementing the ETL/ELT, data management, and data integration pipelines. The Data Engineer will work closely with other teams and colleagues to build a robust and complete reporting architecture on which the Data Analytics and Data Visualization teams will develop and offer insight. The Data Engineer will work with a variety of distributed and dissimilar data sets.
- Information systems or computer science bachelor's degree.
- Minimum five years of development expertise in environments involving ETL, SQL programming, systems integration, and data warehousing.
- Deep understanding of data modelling, data warehousing, and SQL concepts.
- Knowledge of data management frameworks, including master data management, data management, data quality profiling, standardizing, and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, such as Java, Scala, Python, and R.
- Ideally, expertise with general insurance and financial services
- Superior project management abilities
- Capacity to comprehend and translate business needs into technical and functional requirements
What the ideal candidate will look like:
- Expert in the field with years of experience, able to work independently and provide solutions that adhere to best practices.
- Has a positive outlook and the ability to complete tasks, quickly gaining an awareness of the client's business divisions and technological settings.
- Competent to effectively manage internal and external executive stakeholders and is a strong relationship builder.