Data Analytics Engineer
As a Senior Data Visualisation Engineer you will be part of an agile scrum team
You will have strong experience in SQL and data visualisation tools.
You will have a strong understanding of development and have worked with large volumes of data (ideally in a near real time DWH environment).
This role will be responsible for turning complex data into clear information, leveraging a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of information design, user interaction, and visual best practices that resonate with end users.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Be an important member of an established, specialised business intelligence development team.
- Work closely with Product Management to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Create the next generation of BI solutions by delivering data insights through best in class visualisation.
- Evaluate and improve upon existing BI solutions.
- Define application design by analysing requirements and architectural constraints; help define system behaviours supporting the requested features.
- Supports the release effort and helps troubleshoot and correct post-deployment issues.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
You will have a degree in computer science or related field
- Background in Business intelligence and Data Analytics development is essential.
- Experience working with BI Stack(s) (Tibco Spotfire, Microsoft, Qlikview, Tableau) is essential.
- Knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development process is an advantage.
- Experience of working with cloud based analytics solutions would be an asset.
- Experience in dynamic languages (E.g.: Python, R, Java script) is an asset.
- Knowledge of DevOps lifecycle would be an asset.
- Strong experience in visualisation tools e.g. Tibco Spotfire, Power BI/ Spotfire/ Tableau/ Qlikview or similar.
- Skilled in the design, development, and deployment of dashboards.
- Strong experience in RDBMS and SQL type languages is essential.
- Build reports/visualisations to support knowledge acquisition and decision making through visualisation techniques.
- Expertise in the research, development, and support of data visualisation techniques.
- Experience using scripting to extend the functionality of data visualisation tools.
- Ability to communicate with users across the organisation to drive analytical insights.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, particularly with internal clients, team leads, & managers.
- Ability to take initiative and work with a high level of independence.