Data Analyst - Limerick
Our client, a market leader, in its field is looking for a Data Analyst to join their global team, based in their Limerick office. This role offers the opportunity to develop your career, in their state of the art office in Limerick city centre.
The Data Analyst role is a combination of some day to day business intelligence support, plus a strong emphasis on automation and efficiency building throughout the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pay for Performance analysis and reporting.
- Building data models to assist in the analysis of complex compensation and financial plans.
- Programming the solution using VBA, SQL and R and other languages.
- Ad hoc statistical analysis of financial and compensation data.
- Design layout of reports and presenting data to end users.
- Design, spec and build new data models as required, ensuring that the new models are able to support high performance and high reliability.
- Prepare process documentation.
- Be available out-of-business hours for production support.
- Liaising with third parties to develop new solutions.
- Implement reporting solutions and efficiencies.
- Ensure high quality of data is maintained.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- A primary degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business/Finance or numerical related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills with the enthusiasm to learn the inner workings of multiple large complex systems.
- Experience of operating in a database environment.
- Advanced Excel skills, including rules and macros.
- Familiar with resolving data discrepancies in Excel.
- Problem solver, logical thinker in gathering and analysing data.
- Experience with SQL queries and VBA an advantage.
- Experience in programming in R an advantage.
- Power BI or data visualization tools
- Experience of developing and delivering reports in the following formats: PDF; Excel; CSV (including pipe-delimited format) and formatted text.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to drive performance.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to engage with service providers and stakeholders.
- A team player willing to support other team members.