We are recruiting for a Data Quality Administrator for our client in Co Westmeath.
You will be responsible for the validation of data from raw retailer input.Your work is critical to ensuring quality assured weekly and monthly data is provided to our clients against strict deadlines.
This role involve identifying, investigating and resolving data and quality issues. You will work as part of a wider team responsible for conducting quality and validation checks on our data prior to our reports being built.
* Addressing client queries received through our Operations Client Services team as well as other external parties
* Conducting analysis on retailer trending and providing insights to the Operations Client Services team
* Completing data quality close out activities, (releasing the data to our Process Control group as being validated and quality checked) and running associated SAS reports
* Working with our Product and Operations Client Service teams in implementing new initiatives, including analysis on the cost of such an initiative and the level of effort required to deliver the initiative (e.g. cost and manpower associated)
* Understand the interdependencies of work and the implications of any errors. Always working towards minimising risks of database re-runs and/or errors. Drive process improvement everyday by identifying and implementing changes that will improve quality and/or efficiency
* Developing standardised approaches to increase efficiency in relating to validation and investigatory work
* Benchmarking the validation processes across the business - testing the soundness/robustness of the approaches to ensure best practices are implemented at all times
* Ensuring the root cause of any issue has been identified and creating preventative measures to avoid future risks
* Mobilising your technical skills and knowledge to facilitate improvements and be of maximum benefit to the wider team
* Developing strong working relationships with international colleagues across multiple functions
* Testing of in-house applications post changes e.g. in project environments, to ensure continuity of performance
* A third level qualification and/or you have work experience in which you demonstrated team player skills
* Highly organised with ability to multi task
* Enthusiastic and open to learn technical processes. Have a collaborative approach and strong communication skills
* Ability to locate and decipher appropriate and accurate information (identifying key information in documentation and/or via web research) before proceeding with changes to the data set
* Solid knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - advanced skills in this regard are advantageous
* Self-directed; strong ability to work independently, to troubleshoot and resolve issues and delivers work diligently
* Ability to deal with complex information, have an inquisitive mind-set and to anticipate potential implications of actions
* Anticipate issues and takes appropriate action immediately. An analytical thinker who makes considered decisions and involves the right people. Possess solid problem solving and decision making skills
* Is process driven, but looks to identify efficiencies and best practice approaches and shares ideas with colleagues
* Strong communication skills, Strong sense of ownership for tasks.
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069
Send CV through attached link