We are recruiting for a experienced Credit Controller for our client based in Monaghan. This is a full time permanent position.
You will report to the Business Services Manager and you will be responsible for creating structure, document new processes and drive efficiency. You will also integrate reporting and controls from two separate accounting systems and teams, in different locations, in line with the company credit control policy
Duties will include:
* Proactively manage company debtors and collection of debt for approx. 400 accounts
* Ensuring compliance with business credit control policy.
* Develop strong working relationships with business customers.
* Ensure adequate credit insurance cover for all account balances.
* Maintain compliance with credit insurance policy requirements through development of debtor management and reporting processes.
* Liaising with commercial and finance teams for account balance / credit limit forecasts .
* Co-ordinating requirements for new account setups and approvals on same.
* Resolving queries on accounts that impede payment and reconciling where necessary.
* Working closely with site credit control functions and liaising with and providing relevant information to internal and external customers / stakeholders as required.
* Develop and implement relevant and timely credit control reports
* Managing, developing and improving credit control systems and process.
* Responsible for own compliance with the company's data protection policy and data retention process. Must ensure that personal data is kept secure and processed in a lawful manner and that all activities relating to the handling and processing of ordinary personal data, and special category data, comply with Data Protection legislation.
* To take reasonable care of the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
* To develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities.
* Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills/Experience and Education:
- A qualification in Credit Management or in a related discipline is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in credit control OR finance function
- Experience using a ERP system or SAP essential
- Excellent Microsoft office and IT Skills
- High attention to detail
- Structured and self-motivated
- Experience creating and refining systems of work to produce a high standard of accurate reporting, forecasting and effective work procedures.
- Analytical, factual, and inquisitive with a strong need to achieve tangible, worthwhile results. The ability to evaluate situations, assess and reduce risk are key.
Send CV through the link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity