Credit Control Manager
We have a exciting opportunity for a Credit Control Manager with our client based in Co Louth. This is a full time, permanent position. You will be responsible for proactively managing the credit control and banking team with a large customer base!
This is a varied role, helping to manage an on site team within a busy department. The role will operate from Drogheda. You will report to the Head of Billing, Banking and Credit Control.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the credit control and banking team from a people leadership perspective, including employee performance, training & development.
- You will have a hands-on approach across all operational areas, taking responsibility for day-to-day projects and activities
- Create and implement the credit strategy to ensure effectiveness and maximise collections whilst minimising bad debts
- Manage debt and credit ledgers for all sectors accounts including setting and driving monthly cash collection targets.
- Report on commercial and domestic debtor days, including implementing processes to reduce debtor days, bad debts review and write downs.
- Manage escalated queries or disputes to satisfactory conclusion, including liaising with the Commercial and Customer Service teams to resolve any outstanding queries.
- Manage the process for referral of overdue accounts for legal action and manage the legal process.
- Management of credit risk reviews, projects and initiatives, including regulatory change, audit / regulatory inspections and issue remediation as needed.
- Manage cash allocation to the accounts, including unpaid direct debits, refunds and direct debits runs.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the management team, working closely with other internal departments to promote a culture of communication, continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Representation of the company in wider organisation process improvement projects including actively working with IT to improve business processes and systems.
Minimum of Institute of Credit Management Qualification or equivalent.
- 5+ years' credit experience with 3+ years' experience managing people.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and experience of ERP systems
- Strong communication and management skill
- Strong customer focus and negotiation skills
Send CV through attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069