We are recruiting for a Cost Accountant for our client in Co Cavan. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for meeting the groups requirements on financial control and reporting.This is a critical role for cost reporting and cost deployment.
* Production of monthly journals, monthly maintenance and overhead reports, control account reconciliations and other Information Requests.
* Monitoring and reviewing key financial data for the site to identify trends and enable operations management to take appropriate and timely actions to deliver the required financial performance.
* Ensuring compliance (via review and detailed testing of internal controls) with company financial systems and procedures to deliver consistent, accurate and robust financial information.
* Preparing, monitoring and reviewing annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
* Maintaining, monitoring and reviewing financial data in a timely manner, creating cost deployment models and reporting to support operational initiatives
* Prepare capital plans with operations management. Prepare capital expenditure models for approval and monitor and review returns on implemented capital investment plans to deliver focused investment and agreed returns.
* Ensure Plant Managers are fully briefed, advised and developed in financial matters to meet Department and Company objectives.
* Manage a small team including but not limited to people management and development, annual review, holidays, learning and development etc.
* Maintenance on Fixed Asset Register (additions and disposals).
* Take decisions around where costs are allocated.
* Forecasting and Ad-hoc Variance Analysis.
* Review and approve purchase orders requests according to the site's specific approval matrix.
* Support inventory management and controls through establishment of inventory management procedures, cycle-count and full count programs.
* Lead the Cost Deployment Pillar and deliver key CD projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar position or in manufacturing environment
- Deep understanding of accounting issues and excellent accountancy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible, analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Organisation and planning and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including systems SAP desirable
- Time management and communication skills.
- Team player - strong influence/persuasion skills.
- Energetic, proactive, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Able and willing to travel as required.
- Ability to build close working relationships internally and externally
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069