Are you a qualified Accountant with experience in cost accounting in production & manufacturing? I'm working with a company based in Kildare who are seeking a Cost Accountant to work with within a well established finance team.
In your new role you will support the Commercial Finance Partner and other line managers in business planning, analysing business performance and financial reporting.
Your duties will include:
- Lead and have responsibility for the reporting and controlling of manufacturing cost for all sites across the business. Responsible for the reporting and analysis of all operation site costs, the analysis of all variance v budget and/or standard costs. To work in partnership with the site managers to build a detailed understanding of the causes of variances and instigation of corrective actions to eliminate cost over- runs and monitor ongoing performances.
- Report variances on individual cost centres to the Commercial Finance Partner and functional managers including the Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering pillars. Work in partnership with budget owners/KPI owners to identify the root cause of underperformance and then advising rectifying actions to bridge actuals back to budget. Provide financial support to ongoing cost reduction and cost efficiency initiatives. Work as part of a cross functional project team to implement Continuous Improvement Projects;
- To manage all capital expenditure for operations, budgeting, completing in conjunction with the relevant site manager the proposal and business case with a post implementation review to assess savings delivery as appropriate.
- Assist in preparation and Consolidation of the 5-year plan and annual plans.
- Lead robust analysis, supporting the prioritisation of profit enhancing opportunities. Support the tracking & monitoring of compliance with pricing strategies. Ensure vigorous pre and post evaluation of local pricing decisions. Support the business in agreeing/reviewing contracts with a particular emphasis on pricing and commercial terms.
- Be the key finance contact for budget owners/line managers and engage in regular deep dive meetings with them to ensure they fully understand the underpinning business financials and the impact on these of changes to the day-to-day business operations, etc. Provide coaching to budget owners and line managers on the business unit financials and adjust the communication method to ensure those financials are understood.
You are a qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQ experience and you've worked within manufacturing. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of Oracle and have excellent MS Excel skills. Interested? Call Maria on 0861852322