Cork City Lab Manager Job
Our client, a global leader in testing, has a vacancy for a laboratory manager. Over the last 20 years this company has been one of the fastest growing companies in the world, thanks to innovation in technology and service. They are now are the global market leader in environmental and food testing. They are also among the world's market leaders in advanced material sciences, genomics, forensics, consumer products and clinical testing services.
The primary purpose of this Lab Manager job will be leading and managing the day to day operations of a state of the art contract testing laboratory and managing around 20 scientists.
You will be empowered to make decisions and supported by management, as you lead and manage the lab team.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Full responsibility for the operation of the laboratory; the quality of the testing provided, the safe maintenance of the equipment and the well-being of the staff.
- Ensure laboratory is operated in a safe manner in accordance with H&S system requirements.
- Proactively manage operations to meet customer's requirements by effective planning and day to day management of workflow and testing.
- Ensure comprehensive procedures are implemented for thorough contract review of all work received and ensure effective and efficient allocation of work on a daily basis to meet business and customer requirements.
- Implementing quality system requirements in all areas of work including ensuring amendments to the Quality Manual or other QA documentation are promptly initiated and implemented as instructed.
- Perform testing as required to ensure customer and operational needs are met.
- Ensure that staff appraisals, performance reviews and other employee assessments are conducted appropriately, well documented and are finalised within the required time frame
- Supervisory or people management experience is a must, for this role.
- A Degree Or NCEA diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Preferably 3-5 years' experience in a contract laboratory
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- Good communication skill both internally and externally. Ability to understand customers' requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
Apply now to become your most extraordinary self with support and development throughout your career from my client.
This is a full-time permanent position, salary is highly competitive, and benefits include pension and life assurance, bonus, education and training.
For more information on this Lab Manager Job please contact Richard on 086 185 23 27