Our client, an award-winning Irish company are seeking a Controls Engineer to join their state-of the art manufacturing facility in Shannon.
Regarded as a great place to work, this a fantastic opportunity to join the 150+ vastly experienced engineers in designing and developing innovative automation solutions for leading manufacturers worldwide.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Controls Engineer to work on developing complex automation solutions for their global customer base.
- Design and development of controls solutions to meet customer requirements
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review
- Proactively source and new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies
- Responsibility for the overall quality of the software on assigned projects
- Support with documentation and procedure creation within the controls team
- Effective and efficient communication with customers
- Show commercial awareness on projects
- Collaborate across departments generating shared ownership of projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 3+ years' experience in a controls role
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Programming experience in Robotics, Cobotics, Vision & Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
For a confidential discussion and to see the full Job Description contact
Kerry on 086 044 3981