We are seeking a Controls/ Automation Engineer for a manufacturing company based in North Cork (on the Kerry/Cork border). The company provides specialist design and automation solutions to the pharmaceutical, medical, plastics, beverage and electronics sectors.
Working as part of an engineering team, you will design, build and provide technical support for machines .
· Write PLC software programs for new & existing machines
· Specification of and sourcing of electrical and control related components
· Support integration of new projects
· Creating machine operation and technical manuals
· Integration & support of new projects at customer sites
· Control engineer minimum 1-3 years post qualification working in industrial software/controls environment
· Some exposure to PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens or other.
· Software development
· Experience in motion control - servo and stepper applications
· Experience in vision systems - e.g. Cognex, Keyence
· Experience in industrial communications
· Design of electrical circuit for automation project.
· Requirements of CE Machine Building Directives
The successful Controls/ Automation Engineer will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. You will be capable of working on own initiative, have strong research ability and be structured in your approach. The position will require travel within Ireland and abroad (25% of the time approx.)
Please contact Donal in our Kerry office for further details