Contracts Manager - NCH
FRS Recruitment working on behalf of our client BAM Ireland are looking to speak to Contracts Managers for the NCH - National Children's Hospital.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of multiple projects through leadership, people/supply chain management, commercial and contract management along with technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life cycle
BAM Ireland are the main contractors on the New Children's Hospital that will be finished in 2024. The hospital will be the largest government project in the history of the state. The new children's hospital will be 7 stories at its highest, comprising of approx. 160,000m2 of accommodation including the car park. The hospital will have 6150 rooms in total, with 380 individual inpatient rooms, each with an en-suite and bed for parent to sleep near their child, 93 Day Beds and 22 operating theatres and procedure rooms. The hospital will have 1,000 underground car parking spaces (675 of these for families which can be pre-booked and 31 Emergency spaces outside ED supported by a concierge). When completed the project will be the size of Dundrum Town Centre, with an internal street the length of Grafton Street. The hospital will have 4 acres of outdoor areas and 14 gardens and internal courtyards - including the Rainbow Garden which is the length of Croke Park.
- Overall responsibility for Project Performance on behalf of BAM Building Ltd
- Managing the successful delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Staff recruitment and management
- Estimating and tendering.
- Pre-contract negotiations.
- Maintaining client relationships and relationships with client's representatives.
- Project planning. Proficient in planning software; Microsoft Project, Navisworks, Primavera.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Setting up and maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) on projects.
- Quality and technical oversight of building elements and direction to site teams on such matters.
- "Right First Time" approach to completing all works & Quality Controls.
- Operate the Quality Management system and processes; company, statutory and project specific.
- Sub-contractor selection and management.
- Health & Safety Management of projects.
- Commercial Management of Projects including ash flow management & overall project financial results.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly project reports internally
- Leading and supporting project management teams.
- Staff performance including coaching and motivating staff in order to achieve maximum performance levels.
- Continuous review of staff skills & abilities. Maximising individual staff strengths and identifying supports necessary for improvements.
- Managing design teams and external consultants, along with deep understanding of the design details and interfaces.
- Risk identification and management.
- Value Management and Value Engineering.
- Sub-contract administration including final account agreement and sign off.
- Implementing Lean Construction practices & Innovations. Strong focus on continuous
- Honours Degree, in an appropriate construction engineering and/or management qualification
- Industry professional body membership.
- Continuous professional development.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a similar role.
- Healthcare experience.
- Public & Private Works contracts experience.
- Experience in project values of €50 million or above
If you might be interested feel free to contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment on 086 776 7521