Conference & Banqueting Manager
The Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the operation and will report directly to the General Manager. You are an integral part of the hotel's management team and will get involved with all areas of managing the property.
You will be tasked with executing events to a high standard and will be expected to grow the service standards and enhance the customer expectation so as to encourage repeat business. You will be a person with an acute eye for detail and will be responsible for developing a team of staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Communicate expectations to the Banqueting Employees through:
- Departmental Orientation
- Job Descriptions
- Training Programs
- Performance Review Process
- Monthly Departmental Meetings
- Pre-service Briefings
- Assisting in Conflict Resolution/Progressive Corrective Action
2. Communicates and maintain Hotel's minimum service standards as detailed in the Operations Policies, Procedures and Standards Manual
3. Attends any pre-convention meetings and daily Groups & Conventions meetings.
4. Verifies the payroll on a daily and weekly basis
5. Meets with meeting planners and wedding couples prior to functions to establish a point of contact and to verify contracted services
6. Maintains Operations costs as per budgeted guidelines
7. Provides the required tools and equipment to all employees in the execution of service delivery within budgeted parameters.
8. Assists in planning budgeted operational expenditures to provide operating supplies, services, and requirements necessary to meet established standards
9. Assists in controlling and analysing, on a consistent basis, the following:
- Quality levels of production
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Quality service
- Sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene
10. Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for the Banquet function space
11. Performing daily walk-throughs in all function spaces and storerooms to ensure good organisation and full compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
12. Ability to develop ideas for special events.
13. Review event bills for accuracy and approve the payment.
14. Duty Management Shifts.
15. To carry out showgrounds with potential customers and to sell the product and experience.
1. Minimum of three (3) years of hotel management experience is essential
2. Previous meeting and events/conference and banqueting management experience.
3. Post-secondary education preferred in Hospitality or related industry
4. Ability to provide legible communication both written and oral
5. Ability to communicate in English with guests and associates
6. Computer Literate.
7. Excellent past record.
1. Enforce hotel's standards, policies, and procedures with banqueting staff
2. Prioritise and organise work assignments; delegate work
3. Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed
4. Lead and motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team
5. Identify departmental training needs and arrange for such training to be provided
6. Be a clear thinker, analyse and resolve problems exercise good judgement
7. Focus the attention on details
8. Input and access information into the on-site computer and POS systems
9. Remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations
10. Perform job functions to exact standards under pressure
11. Ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information
12. Get involved with all areas of the business.
13. Present and maintain a professional image
14. Work within a team to back up and support and enhance the Management Team at the Westgrove Hotel.
15. To have a passion for excellent service standards and customer service.