Conference & Banqueting Manager
Conference & Banqueting Manager - Co. Westmeath
I am acting on behalf of our client to source an outgoing highly motivated individual who is business minded, has a proactive approach to revenue generation and achieving targets - while focussing on delighting each and every guest with exceptional customer service standards.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- To oversee the smooth running of all Weddings, Banquets & Functions
- To deal with all complaints in a courteous and efficient manner and inform the senior manager
- To liaise with the Wedding Coordinator to ensure all wedding details are delivered as agreed
- To meet with our Events Coordinator to ensure all conference and events are managed as per contractual agreements
- To liaise with the Executive Head Chef and the Kitchen team to ensure that all menu requests are met and timed perfectly
- To lead and manage the banqueting team to ensure a seamless service
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is practised at all times
- To observe all safety rules and procedures
- To carry out all management duties as per the agreed standards.
- To follow and correct Grievance and Disciplinary procedures.
- To monitor the hotel functions book and familiarise yourself with all additions and changes
- To liaise daily with the Management Team forecast Hotel business on a weekly basis and to plan accordingly
- To attend the weekly HOD meetings
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the Hotel premises
- To report and where possible, take action on incidents of accidents, fire, loss or damage.
- To ensure that no materials or equipment are left in a hazardous state
Skills & Experience Required:
- Professional, with a warm, friendly, engaging persona
- Previous experience in a similar role with a thorough knowledge of conference & banqueting operations
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Building long term relationships and rapport with all guests and increasing return business sales
- Keep up to date and aware of all state of the art conference equipment and set up
- Have a working knowledge of all hotel departments
- Come from a strong Hotel Background in 4*/5* Hotels
- Calm under pressure and be able to deal with difficult situations as they arise
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be an ambassador for the property both internally and externally
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
If you know anyone that may be interested in this position, please pass the details on.
Conference & Banqueting Manager, Meeting & Events Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Manager, Beverage Manager, Restaurant Manager, Duty Manager, Hotel Manager