Compliance Monitoring Specialist
I am currently recruiting for a Compliance Monitoring Specialist for a client based in Dublin City Centre. You will provide on-going compliance support and advice to business units in the operations of all compliance related activities.
You will conduct second line of defence activities including monitoring and challenge of business unit controls in place, to maintain and report on compliance profiles.
It is a Hybrid work model.
- Delivering the compliance monitoring plan to ensure sound and responsible business practices are incorporated into day to day operations.
- Responsibility for the ongoing monitoring of all regulatory requirements, including change implementation plans and risk remediation plans when required.
- Conducting monitoring oversight and reporting across the 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
- Conducting compliance risk assessments for the purpose of monitoring and detecting noncompliance and where detected identify a solution and follow up to ensure that the recommendations have been implemented.
- Conducting thematic and annual management reviews, ensuring that the company is adhering to applicable laws, regulations and internal policies, and reporting on the risk and opportunities register.
- Proactively identifying regulatory compliance risk to feed into periodic review of the annual plan.
- Providing a means for resolving issues and remediation activities in a systematic, timely and continuous manner.
- Identifying, evaluating and reporting potential business risks identified during the monitoring process.
- 6 years' experience in compliance monitoring, working within a Risk & Control, Compliance or Internal Audit function.
- Experience working in healthcare is an advantage.
- Professional qualification (ACOI or other relevant discipline).
- Experience in undertaking root cause analysis on issues identified through to remediation and broader procedural changes.
- Solid understanding of compliance principles and frameworks.
- Project management skills
- High level of inquisitiveness and desire to learn and understand new areas
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Highly effective and skilled negotiator