We have an excellent opportunity for a Compliance Analyst to join the Compliance Team of a dynamic firm based in Dublin City Centre. The company have ambitious growth plans which will give you opportunities to progress your career.
In your new role, you will work closely with the Compliance Manager ensuring all compliance obligations are met. The most relevant compliance areas are:
- European financial regulations and directives such as European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), Market Abuse Regulation (MAR), Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and energy specific regulations such as Regulation on Energy Markets Integrity and Transparency (REMIT);
- Electricity and Gas Licenses in Ireland, U.K. and continental Europe;
- Internal Policies and Procedures on data protection, competition, and anti-bribery.
Typical day will include:
- Maintenance of the compliance issues register, investigation of mitigation solutions and assistance to the compliance manager in putting such measures in place.
- Implementation of appropriate checks to ensure that all regulatory reporting (under EMIR, REMIT, MiFID II, etc.), both performed in-house and delegated, are being conducted to the relevant standards.
- Monitoring of EMIR clearing threshold and any other relevant thresholds.
- Implementation of a surveillance system to be able to identify any non-compliant trading patterns and follow up with traders for clarification of suspicious transactions or orders. This will also entail working closely with traders to understand their trading strategies and determine if they are compliant with regulations.
- Support the compliance manager in reviewing new business activities and determining related compliance requirements.
- Administration of internal policies and procedures, keeping them up to date by reflecting regulatory and organisational changes and informing relevant individuals of such changes.
- Management of the communications surveillance system.
- Providing training to employees on market abuse, anti-bribery, or other regulatory requirements, as required.
Your experience to date looks like this:
- 2+ years relevant working experience.
- Minimum of 2:1 on a level 8 degree.
- Superb analytical and research skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and present them in meaningful ways (proficient user of excel or similar tools).
- Good presentation skills.
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, using good judgement and discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritise work in pursuit of deadlines.
- Flexible and eager to learn material in new fields and develop new work
In an ideal world, you will have exposure to:
- Work experience on compliance, auditing, back office, or operations.
- Knowledge of the electricity, gas or other energy commodity
- Knowledge of derivatives markets (futures and options) or financial regulations.
Salary is €40k+. This can increase to €50k if you have the relevant industry experience as outlined above
Benefits include health insurance, life assurance, pension and bonus.
Need to know more? Contact Maria on 0861852322