Community Staff Nurse job Limerick
Fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Nurse with experience in Dementia Care to work in community setting in a small town in Co. Limerick. Previous experience from acute setting or community/residential setting required. Competitive salary and benefits on offer.
Position: Community Staff Nurse
No of position: 1
Location: South Co. Limerick (commutable from South Co. Tipperary)
Sector: Mental health care services
Salary / Pay rate: competitive salary scale DOE + benefits
Type of role: permanent, full time (36h/week)
Initial Working hours: 36h/week, flexible days and night and alternative weekends.
As a Staff Nurse you will assist in the delivery of quality person centred care and support, tailored to the needs of the client. As the first household model of dementia care in Ireland, our client has a number of purpose-built bungalows catering for six clients in each. You will join a fantastic team of Healthcare professionals who live and work by the following values: Compassion, Commitment and Companionship. You will be responsible for ensuring that support is provided to people currently living in the Client's Community and using Person Centred/Social Care models of support to enable them to build meaningful self-determined lifestyles.
If you are an enthusiastic Staff Nurse with experience in Dementia care, this position is right for you. You benefit from safe systems provided, quality training and fantastic benefits.
You will report to the Person in Charge and you will be a leader of a team of social care staff.
Our client is a leading provider of quality homecare in Munster for over 22 years. Their focus is on supporting people to live in their own homes for longer. Company provide services to older persons, persons with intellectual disabilities, post-operative care, specialised dementia care, companionship and general support. Our client is also Ireland's first purpose-built community for people living with dementia.
- Third level Degree in Nursing, RGN or PN or ID
- Active registration with NMBI
- Min 1 year experience from a clinical setting
- Min 2 years experience in dementia care in residential or day setting or community setting and of assisting them to achieve valued social roles and working through periods of lifestyle change
- Your fexibility is essential to adapt your approach to meet individual service user needs.
- You will be open to ongoing monitoring, audit and evaluation of the service as appropriate
- You wil be aware of, and comply with, the principles of clinical governance including quality , risk and health and safety and be individually responsible for clinical governance , risk management /health and safety issues in their area of work
- You will be willing to participate in the development, promotion and implementation of infection prevention and control guidelines.
- You will assume responsibility for and co-ordinate the management of the assinged community in the absence of PIC/SSN
Flexible to work different shifts, including every second weekend
- Very good level of English and strong good communication skills
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment. OR contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
#nurse #staffnurse #elderlycare #nursinghome #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #IDnurse #intellectualdisability #communitynursing