Community SENIOR Saff Nurse job Limerick
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse with previous experience in Dementia Care to work in community setting in a small town in Co. Limerick. Competitive salary and benefits on offer.
Position: Senior Staff Nurse / Community Nurse
No of position: 1
Location: South Co. Limerick (commutable from South Co. Tipperary)
Sector: Mental health care services
Salary / Pay rate: very attractive salary, + benefits
Type of role: permanent, full time (36h/week)
Initial Working hours: 36h/week, flexible days and night and alternative weekends.
As a Senior Staff Nurse you will work as part of our wonderful team to assist in the delivery of quality person centered care and support, tailored to the needs of the client. As the first household model of dementia care in Ireland, we have three purpose-built bungalows catering for six clients in each. We live and work by our values: Compassion, Commitment and Companionship. This is brought to life in how we invest in our valued employees by providing safe systems, quality training and fantastic benefits. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Nurse.
Full job description available on request.
Our client is a leading provider of quality homecare in Munster for over 22 years. Their focus is on supporting people to live in their own homes for longer. Company provide services to older persons, persons with intellectual disabilities, post-operative care, specialised dementia care, companionship and general support. Our client is also Ireland's first purpose-built community for people living with dementia.
- Third level Degree in Nursing, RGN or PN or ID
- Active registration with NMBI
- A minimum 5 year post registration experience post qualification
- 2 / 3 years previous experience of working with people with Dementia in residential or day settings and of assisting them to achieve valued social roles and working through periods of lifestyle change would be an advantage
- Flexibility is essential to adapt your approach to meet individual service user needs.
- Contribute to ongoing monitoring, audit and evaluation of the service as appropriate
- Be aware of, and comply with, the principles of clinical governance including quality , risk and health and safety and be individually responsible for clinical governance , risk management /health and safety issues in their area of work
- Participate in the development, promotion and implementation of infection prevention and control guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for and co-ordinate the management of the Client's community in the absence of PIC/SSN
Flexible to work different shifts, including every second weekend
- Very good level of English and strong good communication skills
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment. OR contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
#nurse #staffnurse #elderlycare #nursinghome #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #IDnurse #intellectualdisability #communitynursing