Community Nurse ID Cork Limerick
Position: Community Nurse / Staff Nurse
No of position: 5+
Location: North Co. Cork / South Co. Limerick
Sector: Intellectual Disability Services
Salary / Pay rate: salary scale DOE + benefits
Type of role: as per contract, permanent and maternity leave contracts
Initial Working hours: Day duty 9.00 am to 4.30 pm / rostered 5/7 duty in residential in any one of the locations in accordance with the rosters and mobility programme operated by the service shift work,
Reporting to: Area Manager, PIC, Client Services Manager or a designated manager
As a Staff Nurse you will listen to, learn from, support and work to achieve the priorities of the service users and to monitor and meet their physical/mental/social/emotional and behavioral needs and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards that apply.
A non-profit organization providing services and supports to children and adults with special needs and their families in the North Cork and South Limerick area. Service provided within residential setting and retirement home setting.
- Third level Degree in Nursing, RNID or RGN or PN
- Active registration with NMBI
- Ideally previous ID experience, but also nursing experience from community hospital or a nursing home will be considered. Psyche Nurses with ID patients experience in the service. Also NEWLY QUALIFIED NURSERS will be considered.
- Understanding and knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards
- Flexible to work different shifts
- Very good level of English and strong good communication skills
What will be expected of you:
- Responsible for the general well being of service users in care.
- To provide care of a physical, psychological and social nature for service users.
- Recognise and report physical/social/emotional problems and assist in the implementation of programmes to counter act same.
- To deliver care in a professional manner and in line with HIQA requirements if working a residential setting.
- To foster parental/family involvement and to support and liaise with parents/guardians/family members as required. Ensure that parents, relatives and other visitors are welcomed to day/residential services and treated with courtesy.
- To create and maintain a therapeutic environment within your area ensuring that programme activities and environment relate to the strengths and needs of the individual and adhere to the principal of normalisation.
- To incorporate the expertise of any persons who may enhance the variety/quality of care for the service users.
- To design, implement and co-ordinate programmes in education, training, and work. To liaise with Line Manager/PIC with regards to providing work opportunities for service users where required.
- To foster integration and provide social/leisure opportunities for service users within the local community in line with the Foundation's philosophy.
- To maintain all records and reports as are required e.g.
- Drug administration
- Daily progress reports
- Nursing notes
- Psychiatry Review Reports etc.
- To be familiar with the other nursing programmes within adult/children's services and provide support/relief as requested by the Manager & Assistant Manager of day and residential services.
- Responsible for purchasing and budgeting household monies and making purchases locally where possible.
- To establish and maintain relationships with the residents which are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- If working in a residential setting care for the day to day needs of the residents in compliance with the Health Care Act 2007 (Care and support of residents in designated centres for persons (Children and Adults) with disabilities) regulations 2013 and the Provision of the Childcare Act 1991 and all relevant regulations and standards that apply to Children in care.
- Leadership, Health and Safety and other general duties (full job spec available on request).
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment. OR contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
#nurse #staffnurse #elderlycare #nursinghome #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #IDnurse #intellectualdisability #communitynursing