Community ID CNM North Cork - Contract
Position: CNM1 - Children Respite House
Location: North Co. Cork / South Co. Limerick
Sector: Intellectual Disability Services
Salary / Pay rate: salary scale DOE + benefits
Type of role: Maternity Leave contract, 6 months possibly up to a year
Working hours: Roster applies, 37h/week
You will supervise, co-ordinate and develop a Children's Respite House, ensuring a high quality service is provided to these service users and in compliance with the National Standards for Residential Services Children & Adults with Disabilities 2013-[(Health Care Act 2007 (Care and support of residences in designated centres for persons(Children& Adults) with disabilities) regulations 2013] To provide them with a home-from-home in accordance with the client's Mission Statement " to provide people with disabilities the opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential"
A non-profit organization providing services and supports to children and adults with special needs and their families in the North Cork and South Limerick area. Service provided within residential setting and retirement home setting.
- Third level Degree in Nursing, RNID or RGN or PN
- Active registration with NMBI
- Ideally previous ID experience, but also nursing experience from community hospital or a nursing home will be considered. Psyche Nurses with ID patients experience in the service. Also NEWLY QUALIFIED NURSERS will be considered.
- Min of
- Understanding and knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards
- Flexible to work different shifts
- Very good level of English and strong good communication skills
What will be expected of you:
- Staffing & Leadership
- Foster parental involvement and co-operation in the development of Personal Plans and goal setting for the children availing of respite.
- Encourage parental visits and the development of supportive relationships with neighbours and other people who live or work in the Respite House
- Professional & Clinical Responsibility / To ensure that service users receive the highest standard of clinical/holistic care
- Planning / To prioritise and respond to demands under pressure or in emergencies
- Finance / To ensure efficient and effective use of resources
- Quality, Education and Research (Incl Professional Development)
- Health & Safety
- Other General Duties
- full job spec available on request
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment. OR contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
#nurse #staffnurse #elderlycare #nursinghome #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #IDnurse #intellectualdisability #communitynursing