FRS Recruitment require a Civils Commercial Manager for a well-established Irish Building Contractor based in Dublin.
Repoting to Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and the Senior Leadership Team.
- To lead the Marine and Civils Commercial Team in maximising the commercial performance of the division through the implementation of the commercial strategy and targets developed by the Senior Leadership Team.
- To ensure that the strategy, policy, culture and standards established by the Senior Leadership Team are effectively deployed within the Commercial Team and throughout the division.
- Manage and support projects on commercial and supplier contracting aspects of projects across the marine and civils division.
- Assess and report on commercial aspects of project performance, and escalate as appropriate.
- Provide Pre-Contract commercial services across the division.
- Ensure the Senior Leadership Team minimum commercial expectations are consistently applied across the business.
- Effectively manage change and operational efficiency; continuously identifying areas for business improvement.
- Manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Foster a climate that motivates high performance across the organisation, where collaboration is nurtured, high performance is rewarded and employees are highly engaged.
- Identify opportunity to maximize income and margin (commercial value creation) for the project.
- Provide commercial assurance through forecasting and identification of issues likely to present commercial risk.
- Ensure potential disputes are identified and resolved as early as possible to mitigate scale and complexity of issues.
- Preparation and implementation of a business specific commercial strategy to ensure robust cost management and challenge of any Project Monthly Reporting variances to achieve tendered commercial performance or better with no surprises.
- Pro-actively review and challenge Change Management and Claims outcomes, whilst establishing and maintaining a collaborative culture with the client to achieve maximum trading position.
- Develop people by defining and agreeing commercial team personal development plans and managing Professional Development.
- Determine the scope of work through interpretation of the contract documents. Review bespoke and standard forms of contract used for marine and civil engineering projects, and dealing with key provisions including the rights and obligations of the parties.
- Financial and commercial reporting, including production of Cost Value Reconciliation's (to include profit and loss, sub-contract and material procurement, cash flow and cost to complete statements).
- Contract administration including providing advice on contractual matters and formulating contractual/legal correspondence.
Contact Cormac - FRS Recruitment - 091 760 706