Commercial Director ( Animal Nutrition )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Commercial Director on behalf of an established animal nutrition business. This is a full-time permanent role with opportunity for further career progression.
FRS Recruitment are working with a leading supplier of animal nutrition to dairy, beef and pig farmers in Ireland. We are seeking to recruit for the new senior position of Commercial Director / Head of Business Development to drive and support continued growth in the business in Ireland. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be joining a professional and dedicated team as we embark on an exciting phase of our development.This senior role will suit an ambitious, commercially astute agri professional with excellent animal nutrition knowledge and experience.
- Develop and deliver strategies to grow the customer base and increase the market penetration of various products. This will involve close interaction with the Managing Director, marketing team and on farm sales team.
- Manage sales to our existing farmer customer base, ensuring that forecast volume and margin targets are delivered, and closer customer relationships are developed.
- Provide technical product support to our team of farm sales personnel.
- Manage and enhance our activities with farm groups, consultants and agri contractors.
- Be ambitious and innovative and bring on board new and complementary product lines that will increase our value to our customers and contribute to our growth ambitions.
- Minimum of five years commercial experience in a B2C or B2B sales or technical role in an animal nutrition environment.
- A formal qualification in animal nutrition together with extensive experience of on farm nutrition practices.
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills with an ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- A commercial and "can do" approach, complemented with professional level communication, english language and IT skills. Use of social media to promote our business to the farming community is a must in this role.
**The role is primarily office based from Waterford and entails some national and occasional international travel.**
Attractive basic salary & bonus , company car , laptop & phone. Pension contribution.
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John on 087 995439