Clinical Psychologist Disabilities
Calling all Clinical Psychologists on behalf of a children's disability service in the South Tipperary region.
If you recently Obtained a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, I would love to hear from you.
FRS Healthcare have a range of exciting fixed term contracts available for Clinical Psychologists within a disability service in the South Tipperary region.
If you are a recent Graduate or a Clinical Psychologist with experience supporting children aged from 0-18 within the disability services, then this is the perfect service for you.
These roles require immediate start dates, the working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday -Friday. All positions are fulltime, long term contracts.
The successful candidate's role will involve working with children aged between 0-16yrs with a variety of disabilities. The successful candidate will join well- established multi-disciplinary team that involves significant assessments and short-term therapeutic input with people with moderate and severe mental health difficulties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of the role of the psychologist in the field of disability.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the philosophy of disability politics and equal opportunities.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the psychological, social and emotional impact of physical and learning disability on service users, their parents and carers
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, families, professional staff and external agencies and to possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a positive child / person centred approach to service delivery.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a psychology and interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work in partnership with service users, parents and carers.
- Ability to work independently, adopting a problem-solving approach and use own initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate effective group work and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate a well-developed understanding of the principles and practice of child and vulnerable adult protection.
- Ability to use and interpret psychometric tools
- Demonstrate effective professional and ethical standards of practice in line with the Psychological Society of Ireland
- Ability to apply a scientist-practitioner model of working.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development and a clear commitment to the supervision process.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and team skills.
- Hold a recognized validated post-graduate qualification in Psychology, as recognized by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Must be a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Applicants who qualified outside the Republic of Ireland must already have their qualifications validated by the Department of Health and Children and the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Be eligible to work in the state.
- Ideally have experience working with children with disabilities?
- Able to take up work immediately.
FRS Recruitment: Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact: If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527 for more information