Clinical Nurse Manager - II
I am delighted to be assisting my client; a Community Health Organisation in recruiting for a Clinical Nurse Manager II - Children's Disability services.
Type: Permanent Position
The post of CNM2 holds a pivotal role with regards to service planning, co-ordination, and managing activity and resources within the department.
The person selected for this role will be responsible for the management, care, and treatment of children with a complex disability, to ensure that the optimum standard of care is provided within the designated areas of responsibility.
Mush have requirement:
- Active registration with NMBI as a General Nurse / Children's Nurse or Intellectual Disability Nurse.
- Have at least 5 years post registration experience (or an aggregate of 5 years full time post registration experience) of which 2 years must be in the speciality or related area.
- Management Qualification preferable or eagerness to undertake same.
- Demonstrable commitment to patient Safety & Quality.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Leadership and change management skills.
- Will play an active role in the continuous improvement programme in the hospital using lean tools and methodology.
- Manage the care of children with complex needs arising out of a disability to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
- Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams and programmes.
- Observe, report and take appropriate action on any matter which may be detrimental to staff and/or service user care or well-being / may be inhibiting the efficient provision of care.
- Assist in observing and ensuring implementation and adherence to established policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, infection control, storage and use of controlled drugs etc.
- Ensure completion of incident / near miss forms / clinical risk reporting.
- Participate in the identification, development and delivery of induction, education, training and development programmes for nursing and non-nursing staff.
- Provide support and supportive supervision to Clinical Nurse Manager 1 and other staff as appropriate.
- Supervise and assess student nurses and foster a clinical learning environment.
- Engage in performance review processes including personal development planning as appropriate.
- Provide the necessary supervision, co-ordination and deployment of nursing and support staff to ensure the optimum delivery of care in the designated area(s).
- Manage communication and facilitate team building.
- Provide staff leadership and motivation which is conducive to good working relations and work performance
- Promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate service plans and budgets in co-operation with the wider healthcare team
If you are interested to know more about this opportunity, submit your CV today to receive a full job description or call Prachiti on +353861368498 to discuss further.