Civils Project Manager
- Site Management of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with PCL Quality Management System & ISO 9001
- Ensure compliance with PCL Environmental & Safety Management System & OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
Site & Project Management:
- Coordinate construction of projects to meet programme and to ensure handover of project / any phased handover, on time
- Manage and direct site staff, PCL direct personnel and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials
- Coordinate and liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Engineers and Services Coordinator to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors/omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Assist in the production and revision of the contract and sub-programmes with the CM
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
- An Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience
- Experienced in road and structures construction
- Capability in delivery structures - Bridges/Culverts
- Operational and commercial focus: Client interface; commercial acumen; HSEQT; programme and labour management
- Familiar working under public forms of contracts
- Construction or Engineering-related qualification preferred
- Engaging, collaborative and energetic
- Good communication skills with ability to lead project teams
- Confident and effective problem solver
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Power Project etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.