Civil Site Engineer - Cork
FRS Recruitment are looking for Civil Site Engineers for a large mulitmillion Civils project in Co. Cork.
The Site Engineer role would suit an experienced, self-reliant, delivery orientated individual looking to advance their career in Civil Engineering.
The Site Engineer reports to the Site Agent/Construction Manager and works closely with him / her to help drive the project through to successful completion, on time, within budget and to the highest standards as required. The Engineer is highly motivated, willing to work on their own initiative and possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant degree, BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering
- Between 3 and 7 years' hands on operational experience managing a range of Civil Engineering projects.
- Computer literate and up to date on Engineering Packages / Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong English written and oral communication skills & the ability to work as part of a team
- Responsible for and proficient in organising, planning and delivery of civil engineering projects of varying sizes
- Liaise with the Construction Manager on day-to-day project control and co-ordination of resources and the recording & measuring of works in progress
- Liaise with the Site Foreman in the organisation of the workforce, the requisitioning of plant and materials items and in managing the productivity and costs of plant and equipment on site
- Have a detailed understanding of Health and Safety requirements within Irish construction sites, and promote the implementation of the Safety Management System and maintaining site records in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements
- Responsible for managing key elements of the project plan and scheduling and planning the weekly and daily workforce program deliverables
- Responsible for coordinating the workforce (direct and sub-contractor) and all other resources required in order to implement the execution of the project plan
- Responsible for setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Responsible for scheduling material requisitions as required in accordance with the programme
- Responsible for taking site measurement and formation record levels
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of drawing register and ensuring proper distribution of all drawings, preparing as-built drawings and records
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the workforce while maintaining a professional manner
- Maintain a daily site diary and allocation sheet detailing resource levels for all works activities and keeping accurate records
- Responsibile for the quality of the construction deliverables, as well as creating and/or assessing quality standards
- Responsible for inputting to the monthly project measures and the sites costs controlled and efficient
Contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment for a more detailed description - 086 776 7521