CIO- Midlands, Ireland
FRS are delighted to announce a new CIO position. This role will have overall responsibility for the full IT function at this growing business.
This role will be a member of the Leadership team and will contribute to and collaborate fully with the SLT team to define and deliver the overall business model, operating model and business strategy development. The CIO brings a current knowledge and future vision of leveraging information and technology in business model design, business capability performance re-engineering, IT security, product and service development, and support for developing competitive advantage, understanding the cost challenges of the business and managing all costs within budget and in conjunction with the Head of Finance and the Managing Director.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or relevant field
- Proven track record in a similar managerial role in IT and data management
- Prior experience in the insurance sector is essential
- Demonstrated experience in designing / developing / managing IT Systems, IT security and strategic planning of IT implementation.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, cost management and business operations .
- Industry/sector awareness and business acumen
- Project management, Reporting & planning skills
- Experience in facilitation of team development by providing structure, training and time to all team members.
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence and instil confidence with peers and key stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Become a business partner with the SLT team- be involved, flexible, pragmatic and positive.
- Build credibility - have knowledge and authority
This role is working remotely on a part time basis with 1-2 days per week in the office based in the Midlands. Candidates must have full eligibility to work for any employer without permit restriction.
***Insurance sector experience is ESSENTIAL.***
Please include a detailed cv and cover note with your application highlighting your interest in this role and your prior relevant experience, accounting for the above minimum criteria.